LEXINGTON, Miss. – 9 teachers with perfect attendance from August through December have earned a bonus check: $100 per month, for a total of $500—all for being at school and on the job every day school was in session.
Holmes County Consolidated School District pays teachers $100 per month bonus pay for perfect attendance at the end of each semester. When a teacher has perfect attendance for the entire semester, they receive a $500 check to honor their commitment to Connecting for Success: Every Child, Every Classroom, Every Day.
The following teachers have perfect attendance for the Fall 2019 semester:
1. Derrick Ward Durant Elementary
2. Katherine Aldridge Williams-Sullivan Middle School
3. Brandon Thurmond Goodman-Pickens Elementary
4. Diane Ventzel William Dean, Jr. Elementary
5. Latosha Mitchell William Dean, Jr. Elementary
6. Jennifer Mabry William Dean, Jr. Elementary
7. Eureka Sample SV Marshall Elementary
8. Sophia Williams SV Marshall Elementary
9. Ashley McCullum Career Technical Center
10.Rebecca Victor, Central High School
When Eureka Sample was notified that she had earned the attendance bonus pay, she said, “Wonderful! It was a pleasure to work with the students at SVME. Both the students and the staff make SVME a great place to come to every day to work. The bonus was an extra boost of motivation.”
Sophia Williams said she was shocked to learn that she qualified for the bonus. “I had forgotten about the attendance incentive,” she said. “When I miss school, the kids miss out. I miss out on instructional time with my students and they miss out on learning. I don’t want them to miss out on learning and get behind. We all need to be at school every day.”