Message to Parent
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
Partnering with families will be crucial this year as we face many obstacles due to the global pandemic. We appreciate your support as you work with students at home to practice safety protocols such as wearing a mask and washing hands. We encourage families to stay connected and informed by following our district website for important updates and information regarding our reopening plans.
Dr. Karina Peterson
New Student Online Registration is currently open for New Students to the District. New students are defined as children enrolling in school for the first time or students transferring from another school district. In order to get access to the online registration form, parents must do the following:
1. Gather all required documents needed for registration.
2. Take all documents and your driver's license or State issued I.D. to the school that your child will be attending.
3. School personnel will review your documents. If everything is in order, they will issue the information needed to access the online registration application.
Please CLICK HERE to view the registration announcement for New Students. CLICK HERE to view the online registration tutorial video for NEW Students. The video provides step-by-step guidance for completing online registration.
Existing Student Online Registration will begin Tuesday, July 27, 2021. Existing student are defined as children that completed the 2020 - 2021 school year in HCCSD and will be returing for the 2021 - 2022 school year. In order to get access to the online registration form, parents must do the following:
1. Call the school to ensure that your child has all required documentation needed for registration on file in his or her cumulative folder.
2. If any documents are missing, gather them along with your driver's license or State issued I.D. and take them to the school your child will be attending.
3. If all documents are on file at the school, your residency has not changed, and your child is going to the same school they attended last year - report to the school with your driver's license or State issued I.D. and complete the Certificate of Residency Form. No other documentation is needed.
4. If your child is entering the 3rd, 6th, or 9th grade and/or going to a new school in the District, you must take two proofs of residency along with your driver's license or State issued I.D. to the school your child will be attending.
Please CLICK HERE to view the online registration tutorial video for EXISTING students. The video provides step-by-step guidance for completing online registration.
Please see the flyer below for the Virtual 5th Grade Transitional Meeting.
Online Virtual Learning Expectations
- Students will follow an A/B block schedule
- Students will attend 4 virtual classes per day
- Students must log into classes ON TIME daily
- Students' attendance will be taken in each virtual class
- Students will be required to turn on their video camera during instruction
- Students must interact with the teacher by participating in discussions and learning activities
- Students will receive a minimum of 2 grades per week per class
- Students must submit all assigned work to the teacher