Message to Parents
“Cultivating Our Lives, Talents; Success.” COLTS
Message for Parents
We welcome you to our website and our school. The mission of William Dean, Jr. Elementary School is to ensure that we “Connect with all stakeholders for the Success of Every Child, Every Classroom, Every Day.” As a team, we will uphold this mission by ensuring that all of our children receive a high quality educational experience daily. We’re also ensuring that we keep our children, faculty and staff safe.
Our school goals are:
1. Increase Student Achievement by providing quality instruction aligned to MSCCRS from teachers and support personnel to increase student proficiency in the area of reading to show 50%+ on benchmark and state assessments by the end of the 2021 scholastic year.
2. Increase Student Achievement by providing quality instruction aligned to MSCCRS from teachers and support personnel to increase student proficiency in the area of math to show 50% or higher of student scoring at least 50%+ on benchmark and state assessments by the end of the 2021 scholastic year.
3. Ensuring that all students have a safe and conducive learning environment by providing teachers, students, and the school counselor with the relationship building exercises through the Second Step Program to increase students’ display of appropriate and positive behaviors to minimize classroom disruption, ISS, and OSS to a rate of three or less OSS a week for the 2021 scholastic year.
4. Building stronger school and community relationships by making parents apart of the decision-making process through Monthly PTA, Quarterly Parent Meetings, Newsletters, Parent School Communication Folders, Remind 101, and School Status.
By partnering together with Team Dean, we can support each other by ensuring that our children reach their personal goals of success!
Team Dean is “Cultivating Our Lives, Talents; Success.” COLTS
Miss Stacy Smith, Ed.S
School uniforms help instill school pride while eliminating the distracting competition associated with current fashions. In addition, they have also proven to be more economical. More importantly, William Dean, Jr. Elementary students will be dressing in a style which emphasizes academics, achievement and dignity. Uniforms allow school staff to better monitor the school, therefore, contributing to a safe and secure environment.
The Mandatory School Uniform Policy is available at our school in the front office if you wish to request a copy. If this new requirement creates a financial hardship, please contact the school principal.
ALLOWED CLOTHING TOPS
SHIRTS / BLOUSES SWEATERS, JACKETS, OR SWEATSHIRTS
Color: Solid White and Light Blue
Solid colors with a collar.
Acceptable tops include polo shirts, turtleneck, dress shirts, and blouses. (T-shirts are not acceptable - except for affiliated shirts at approved times)
Color: White or Navy Blue
Hip length maximum. Plain color, crew or V-neck, cardigan or pull over. Only white undershirts.
ALLOWED CLOTHING BOTTOMS
LONG PANTS SKIRTS AND / OR SHORTS
Color: Navy Blue and Khaki Pants
Fitted at waist, hemmed or cuffed; belt, if loops on pants; worn at the waist.
Color: Navy Blue and Khaki Shorts
Shorts must be around knee height or within five fingers from the knee, and worn at the waist.
- Attire cannot advertise alcohol, drugs, or tobacco in writing/ pictures that are obscene, suggestive, and offensive or depict violence.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Flip-flops or shoes with open toes or heels are not permitted.
- Half-shirts/crop tops/low necklines, mini-skirts; short shorts are inappropriate and not allowed.
- Shirts must have a collar and sleeves. Necklines must be no lower than four fingers from the collarbone.