I am so excited to welcome you to a new school year and back to virtual learning at William Dean, Jr. Elementary School. Hello, my name is Dr. Monica Russell and I count it an honor and privilege to serve as your School Counselor for the 2020-2021 school year.
I am here to provide support and help students develop academically, socially/emotionally, and to explore their career development.
Some of the services that I will provide includes: classroom presentations, group counseling, brief solution-focused counseling, parent consultations, and community resource referrals.
Things you should know about me:
- I am a proud product of the Holmes County- Lexington, MS community. I’m a graduate of Jacob Joshua McClain High School and a recent graduate of Mississippi College with a Doctorate of Professional Counseling Degree.
- I have been in the educational arena for over 20 years.
- My passion is to educate students.
- I love watching and going to football games.
- I love spending time with my family and friends.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation as we navigate our exciting virtual learning experience. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Monica Russell, School Counselor
Phone: (662) 834-3003
Google Voice: (662) 450-4190
Fax: (662) 834-3800
To provide comprehensive and productive counseling services for ALL students in collaboration with stakeholders to become a whole learning community.
To assist ALL students with reaching their maximum potential by developing and implementing a comprehensive program that addresses academic, social, career, and personal goals.