As the Zoom session is a part of the classroom for online virtual learning, professional, school appropriate preparation is expected for every session.
- Be fully dressed in appropriate clothing.
- Please have your camera on and your sound muted.
- Choose your background purposefully (choose a solid background where no one can walk behind you and where you can expect limited interruptions).
- Select a location where you can sit in an upright position for the entirety of the Zoom session.
- Take care of any personal business prior to Zoom sessions.
- Be on time (Teachers should start the session 10 minutes prior to the beginning of class). If you are not on time, you will be marked absent.
- Be prepared. Close all windows on your computer browser not related to the meeting or class and have all course material present and ready as you would at the start of class.
- Use school appropriate language.
- Maintain respect in speaking and writing (this includes chat features).
- The chat room is not for personal conversations. It should only be used if you have a question for the teacher. All chat rooms will be archived.
- Stay attentive and limit distractions.
- Be responsible. All Zoom classes are recorded. If necessary, inappropriate behavior will be addressed by administration at the appropriate level.
- Refrain from taking and publicly posting any pictures taken during a videoconference session as it could be a violation of FERPA.